Tuesday, September 8, 2020

How Positivity lead me to my Passion

Growing up in a small town my ambitions and goals were small. I never wanted to leave the small state of New Hampshire nor did I think I would be anywhere near where I am today. I was comfortable in the tiny bubble I have had my entire life. I grew up with the same people, hit every life milestone, every up and every down. I never wanted to pop that bubble, I was planning on going to a state university with the same people I have been through everything with. Growing up in such a small town no one ever wanted to leave, it was perfect, safe, a constant in all of our lives. It wasn’t until my senior year of high school that I realized I had more potential than I would have ever thought. 

I am a passionate and driven person aiding me in achieving my life goals, I have found that these two things are essential in my field of work I hope to enter one day. I am a bubbly and happy person, you will rarely ever see me in a bad mood. Even though everyone has those days, I do as well, I am a people pleaser. I would rather see others happy than myself. Throughout my life, this has always been a blessing yet a curse. Making someone smile, laugh, and or feel comforted gives me a sense of purpose. I believe it is one of my life purposes, to make others happy. I grew up being the oldest in a big family making me grow up fast and learn to not sweat the small things in life. Being the oldest I never thought leaving home would be an option for me because I wanted to be there to watch my siblings grow up. My parents went far away from home for college and have told me countless stories about how they missed home and how they wish they stayed closer to home. This made me second guess my choice of wanting to start new and move far away from home and be independent. 

Independence is something I have always struggled with. I never thought I was capable of being by myself and being fine doing so. Making the decision to move to North Carolina and attend High Point University has been the best experience of my life. Being at High Point has helped me blossom into the person I have meant to be. It has helped me find my passion in life and ultimately what I would like to do for the rest of my life. My journey here has not been sunshine and rainbows in the slightest. I started as a Biology major and now I am a Strategic Communication major with a Social Media Marketing minor. Even though my first year here was rough academically it helped guide me to my true passion, social media marketing. 

Throughout my journey, I have become a more confident, organized, driven, and determined person. My end goal is to be with a PR firm and or any major social media platform, hopefully within the city of New York and or Boston. I would love to be in a setting that helps me grow as their company grows, making social media marketing perfect for me. Did I ever think I would be sitting here right now this being my goal, no. Two years ago I was planning on being in a hospital for the rest of my life, being in school for other five-plus years, and doing exactly what I didn’t want to do because I didn’t think it was socially acceptable to be a communication major. Being completely wrong with my assumption I am now proud to be apart of the School of Communication and more than excited for the future. Follow me along in my journey growing my passion, positivity, and myself. 

SEO: Passion, Positivity, Driven


No comments:

Post a Comment